Camping in front of the dune area is the preferable spot though there are currently on designated camping sites. However
- Camping in wetland areas is prohibited.
- Camping in Dunes is prohibited
- Vegetation must not be camped on this includes dune grasses which can be damaged if walked on.
- Cars cannot be used to transport camping equipment into areas in which cars are not permitted.
- Campers are responsible for their own belongings.
- Campers must take all rubbish and waste with them when they leave.
- Campers should have their own portable toilet.
If you spot a camping group who leaves rubbish or waste behind you can report them to the Belmont Wetlands State Park Land Manager Board (LMB) via this website. The information needed would be the persons vehicle registration and description, the location, time, date and details on the type of rubbish left behind.