Fires are allowed in Belmont Wetlands State Park, however
- Vegetation from the State Park cannot be used, this includes fallen trees and branches.
- We encourage the use of specially designed containers to burn fires in as burying fires in the sand after use poses an unacceptable risk to others, as anyone walking unknowingly on the buried fire will likely receive severe burns to their feet and possibly legs.
- No pallets to be used as fire wood.
- There should be NO fires lit during fire ban periods, the NSW RURAL FIRE SERVICE website will be able to inform you of when a fire ban is in place. Visit: http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fdr-and-tobans
- Fines of up to $220 may be issued for offences.